LOCATION: Merthyr Tydfil | TYPE: Long Term | START DATE: 14/10/2019 | SECTOR: Food
MPS Industrial are currently recruiting for an IT Technician for our prestigious food client based in Merthyr Tydfil.
This role is multi-functional and supports data management throughout the Company.Duties include (but are not limited to)
- Management of computer systems and equipment hardware to support Production Operations and management of the business.
- To ensure that operations conducted are performed in accordance with the requirements of the company Standards, Quality System, Food and internal Guidelines, Industry Standards & support the Continuous Improvement process.
- Liaise with Group IT and implement Group directives
- Troubleshooting of issues related to any problems with system use and devise solutions and training.
- Provide detailed Technical expertise and in depth knowledge on Data Management Systems.
- Ensure that all master data set-up and changes are managed and completed accurately, to the necessary time lines, and to the required standard of compliance.
- Ensure that adequate backups are maintained and logged.
- Support customer / supplier requirements and changes to ensure the smooth and efficient running of company systems.
- Support the conduit for knowledge flow between the company to both internal & external groups.
- Support of data management activities associated to ERP systems.
- Support the development of simplification improvements, changes and enhancements.
- Support project management of the introduction of new and improved changes, ensuring that system downtime and user disruption is kept to a minimum.
- Support the introduction of new ways of work.
- Provide Technical support of operations, systems & process.
- Support, Develop and Implement Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Lead and support Continuous Improvement activities.
- Support the execution of approved activity in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Support all forms of electronic communications within the company.
- Provide and support the Document Management system in the company.
- Meet supplier and customer requirements for EDI
- Maintains the Company Document Management system
The successful candidate will need to have -
- Previous experience of working in similar role within a food manufacturing environment, with a demonstrable knowledge of food safety standards.
- Adequate understanding of BRC technical standards
- Have Data Systems / IT experience
- A knowledge of UK payroll requirements
- Have experience ideally in the food industry in an operational or support role as a data analyst / technician or systems analyst
- Has a working knowledge of iSeries operations, running and programming
- Has a working knowledge of SQL400
- Understands the legal requirements and statutory declaration requirements in the UK and overseas
The candidate needs to have the following personal attributes -
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to analyse data
- Problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new software and file program structures
- Good communication skills
- Able to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Can do attitude and ability to learn new skills
- Strong teamwork mentality
- Flexible to meet the ever changing demands of the business
Working Hours – Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week (flexibility is required)
Salary - £25,000 per annum
Benefits – 25 holiday days plus bank holidays, free parking, access to an EAP scheme & pension
Working for MPS
Register with MPS. It's easier than you think.
Your next job could be with us #DoingThingsDifferently
Just pop in your details and one of our consultants will register you.
Biometric Clock in
No more timesheets or lost swipe cards, just smile as you pass :)
All employees are PAYE with holiday pay. Sit back and relax.
Paid on Time
Every time since 1989! Your pay is very important to us.